Monday, May 18, 2026

Common Entrance in June

Date:

Share post:

Minister of Education Santia Bradshaw says the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Entrance Examination, commonly known as the 11+, will be held on June 22, 2021.

During a media conference from the Elsie Payne Complex on Wednesday evening, Bradshaw said the decision was taken to shift the exam from the traditional May period on consultation with teachers, who indicated this would provide a better level of comfort.

There was also a desire not to have it in July – traditionally the holiday time – as was done this year to accommodate the changes caused by the COVID-19 lockdown.

Bradshaw said school would resume on January 5, 2021 and the aim was to have as many students as possible back in the classroom for face-to-face learning. Working in conjunction with the COVID Monitoring Unit, schools will devise the best ways to reintegrate all of the other classes.

Priority will therefore be given to the children with special needs, those sitting the 11+, those in First Form who are making the transition from the primary level and those in the Fifth and Sixth forms who are preparing for external exams.

More to come. (SAT)

 

Related articles

Consumers to pay more at the pump

The retail prices of gasoline, diesel, and kerosene will increase effective midnight, Sunday, May 17. Gasoline will retail at...

Small Craft Advisory issued for Barbados

A small craft advisory is in effect for Barbados for above normal swell heights, and this pattern is...

Fogging Schedule: May 18 to 22

Various districts in St James, St Michael and St George will be visited by the Vector Control Unit...

UPDATE: Skeetes Road shooting victim identified

The man who was shot and killed at Skeetes Road, Jackman, St Michael earlier this morning was identified...