Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Online classes for Blackman and Gollop pupils

Date:

Share post:

CLASS 3 AND 4 PUPILS of Blackman and Gollop Primary School will engage in online classes on Wednesday, May 5.

That was announced tonight by Acting Chief Education Officer Joy Adamson during a Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) meeting via Zoom.

President of the PTA, Tricia Augustine, had expressed concerns about the state of the school after the executive discovered furniture remained in the foyer, and students and teachers had to clean the Staple Grove, Christ Church plant themselves.

Adamson said intensive cleaning would be conducted today by the Barbados Defence Force, an additional contractor and members of the PTA, at the end of which a decision would be made on the resumption of face-to-face classes.

“The ministry wants to work with all the schools. If there is an issue or concern, reach out to us . . . and let’s work together. We want to return to normal, all of us. I would also encourage the PTA to work with the schools,” she said.

Adamson also announced the launch of the app School Alert, from which parents would be able to get relevant information in real time rather than relying on the media.

She added that there would also be no assessment for Class 4 students today across the board in preparation for the 11-Plus, as previously scheduled. (RA)

Related articles

Agriculture chief targets challenges

Barbados' newest Chief Agricultural Officer has pointed to praedial larceny, monkeys, labour shortages, rising input costs, climate change,...

Arsenal win Premier League after Manchester City draw at Bournemouth

Arsenal were crowned Premier League champions on Tuesday for the first time in 22 years after Manchester City...

Bostic: Fight NCDs in communities

President The Most Honourable Jeffrey Bostic is warning that health policies aimed at combating chronic diseases will remain...

Bajans weigh gas option

Barbadians are paying more for gas and it has some of them looking for ways to adjust their...