Monday, May 18, 2026

Vendors back at Cheapside spot

Date:

Share post:

Some vendors of BARVEN (Barbados Association of Vendors, Retailers and Entrepreneurs) remain adamant that they will not be moving from the temporary market in Cheapside, The City.

Following the removal of vendors last week after a fence was erected in the Cheapside Terminal where many had since taken up plying their trade along the pavement, a meeting was held and the vendors decided they would be returning “home” this weekend.

Yesterday, spokesperson for the group, Camille Stuart said a meeting was held last week, a walk through done with officials and police, and they were given the green light to return to the temporary market after cleaning was done.

“This morning went relatively smooth. It is not an impossible situation. We need to sit down and find strategic ways in order to make the best for the members,” she said. (RA)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

 

Related articles

Consumers to pay more at the pump

The retail prices of gasoline, diesel, and kerosene will increase effective midnight, Sunday, May 17. Gasoline will retail at...

Small Craft Advisory issued for Barbados

A small craft advisory is in effect for Barbados for above normal swell heights, and this pattern is...

Fogging Schedule: May 18 to 22

Various districts in St James, St Michael and St George will be visited by the Vector Control Unit...

UPDATE: Skeetes Road shooting victim identified

The man who was shot and killed at Skeetes Road, Jackman, St Michael earlier this morning was identified...