Monday, May 18, 2026

49 bar-hoppers positive

Date:

Share post:

Just under 50 people have been identified as COVID-19-positive as part of the bar-hopping cluster, which continues to be a source of concern for health officials.

Minister of Health and Wellness Jeffrey Bostic revealed this during a media briefing yesterday following the arrival of more than 70 000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine at Grantley Adams International Airport.

“There were several clusters [we are monitoring], most of them are inactive but the cluster of concern at the moment remains what we call the bar cluster, which started with a local wedding and continued with some bar-hopping. That cluster is still growing. My last count was about 49 and I didn’t get the numbers today [so it may be more],” he said.

Bostic said contact tracing was “going very well” regardless and thanked those who were diagnosed for sharing relevant information which helped the health team zero in on more people who had been exposed. (CA)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

Related articles

Seales leads Red Force fightback on eventful opening day

Fast bowler Jayden Seales picked the perfect time to score his maiden first-class half-century, with his effort saving...

ANSA McAL’s Barbados revenue declines

Its Barbados-based Operations are feeling the impact as ANSA McAL Limited sharpens the focus on core “growth engines”...

At least six Americans exposed to Ebola during DR Congo outbreak

At least six Americans have been exposed to the Ebola virus during a deadly outbreak in the Democratic...

Judge: Having a gun will do you no good

Nothing good can come from having a gun, especially if you are poor. So declared Justice Carlisle Greaves as...