Thursday, April 25, 2024

Pele re-enters ICU at hospital

Date:

Share post:

SAO PAULO – World-renowned former Brazil footballer Pele re-entered an intensive care unit (ICU) at Sao Paulo’s Albert Einstein Hospital, ESPN Brasil reported on Friday, in an apparent deterioration of his health after he left the unit earlier this week.

The hospital said it had no new information.

ESPN Brasil said Pele, an 80-year-old, three-time World Cup winner, was re-admitted to the ICU because of acid reflux.

He had a colon tumour removed this month and was transferred out of the ICU this past Tuesday.

After leaving the ICU, he said in a message to fans on Instagram that he was ready for “90 minutes, plus extra time”.

Pele suffered from hip problems for years and cannot walk unaided.

His public appearances were already being cut before the COVID-19 pandemic and since then he has made few unnecessary forays outside his house near Santos.

(Reuters)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Body found near Culpepper

There are reports reaching The Nation that a body was found in the area of Culpepper, St Philip. Initial...

Time to focus on national issues

ARE THE DEMS united, or are they fragmented? The reason I ask though is because shortly after Member of...

Dominica High Court overturns ban on same-sex relations

Dominica's High Court has overturned a ban on consensual same-sex relations in the Caribbean island nation. The court ruled...

Usain Bolt named ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 Ambassador

ST JOHN’S, Antigua – The International Cricket Council (ICC) have announced Olympic legend Usain Bolt as an ambassador...