Sunday, May 17, 2026

Accused jailed in St Lucia, case set for next year

Date:

Share post:

An almost decade-old case was saved from being dismissed after two prosecutors intervened yesterday.

The surety for Lamar Ashley Spooner, 30, of 1st Avenue Pool Land, St John, appeared in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court, sitting at the Cane Garden Complex, St Thomas, to inform of his whereabouts.

The woman, his mother, told Magistrate Manilla Renee that her only child, who was 20 at the time, and who had pleaded not guilty to stealing an $800 chain and a $3 000 pendant belonging to Anthony Bernard in 2012, was not in the island.

When the magistrate asked her if Spooner had permission to leave the jurisdiction, she said he was in St Lucia where he had been incarcerated on drug charges for about the last three years. (RA)

 

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

Related articles

Consumers to pay more at the pump

The retail prices of gasoline, diesel, and kerosene will increase effective midnight, Sunday, May 17. Gasoline will retail at...

Small Craft Advisory issued for Barbados

A small craft advisory is in effect for Barbados for above normal swell heights, and this pattern is...

Fogging Schedule: May 18 to 22

Various districts in St James, St Michael and St George will be visited by the Vector Control Unit...

UPDATE: Skeetes Road shooting victim identified

The man who was shot and killed at Skeetes Road, Jackman, St Michael earlier this morning was identified...