Sunday, May 17, 2026

Carlos open to recall

Date:

Share post:

Former Twenty20 captain Carlos Brathwaite says he is willing to make a return to international cricket for the West Indies.

The 33-year-old Barbadian all-rounder, who smashed four consecutive sixes to lead the Windies to a memorable victory in the 2016 Twenty20 World Cup final versus England, is prepared to suit up in the maroon colours once again if given the opportunity.

“I have not retired, I am open to selection, but I guess I am just understanding that I am very far from selection at the moment and I have peace with that,” Brathwaite told Weekend Sport in an exclusive telephone interview.

“In terms of international selection, if I am looked upon to be part of the team, it would be a privilege; if not, I would continue to rally round the team as I have been for the last couple years from afar,” he added. (AGB)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

 

 

Related articles

Small Craft Advisory issued for Barbados

A small craft advisory is in effect for Barbados for above normal swell heights, and this pattern is...

Fogging Schedule: May 18 to 22

Various districts in St James, St Michael and St George will be visited by the Vector Control Unit...

UPDATE: Skeetes Road shooting victim identified

The man who was shot and killed at Skeetes Road, Jackman, St Michael earlier this morning was identified...

GovTech ‘not a talking shop’

GovTech Barbados is rolling out a series of citizen-focused digital services, aimed at improving access to public services...