Sunday, May 17, 2026

Doc: Rebrand zone concept

Date:

Share post:

Government’s attempt at rolling out COVID-19 safe zones was not done correctly, says emergency medicine consultant Dr Brian Charles.

He suggested that if a similar concept was relaunched, it might need to have a different name.

“The legislation was not done correctly and it is very unfortunate, because the impression was that it seemed to be that there would be places where unvaccinated people will not be welcomed. That’s not Barbados’ vision,” Charles said.

He made the comments yesterday during the question and answer segment of the Barbados Yacht Club’s lunchtime lecture The Way Forward Series: COVID-19; Facts, Fiction & Fallacies. (TG)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

 

Related articles

Consumers to pay more at the pump

The retail prices of gasoline, diesel, and kerosene will increase effective midnight, Sunday, May 17. Gasoline will retail at...

Small Craft Advisory issued for Barbados

A small craft advisory is in effect for Barbados for above normal swell heights, and this pattern is...

Fogging Schedule: May 18 to 22

Various districts in St James, St Michael and St George will be visited by the Vector Control Unit...

UPDATE: Skeetes Road shooting victim identified

The man who was shot and killed at Skeetes Road, Jackman, St Michael earlier this morning was identified...