Plantation Reserve Comforts
- 1 lb Plantation Reserve Sugar
- 12 ozs water
- 1 drop peppermint oil
- 1 pinch Cream of tartar
- 4 oz sugar
- 2 oz water
- Food dye
- Heat 1lb of Plantation Reserve Sugar and 12ozs of water in a saucepan to soft crack stage (270˚F/132˚C) do not stir.
- Allow the mixture to cool by removing the saucepan from the stove. When cooled, pour mixture onto a silicone mat. Add peppermint oil and cream of tartar.
- Using silicone gloves, begin folding the cooled edges of the sugar into the centre, creating a pliable ball of even temperature sugar.
- Pull the sugar and twist together continually until it becomes opaque and begins to harden. Cut into desired lengths for decorating.
- Heat 4ozs of white sugar, 2ozs of water and food dye to soft crack stage. Remove from the stove and allow to cool. Remove a teaspoon of the semi-cool pliable mixture and make decorative shapes. Attach shapes with more warm coloured sugar.