Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Adele postpones Vegas concert series

Date:

Share post:

Adele has postponed her entire Las Vegas residency, just 24 hours before the opening night.

“I’m so sorry, but my show ain’t ready,” the star told fans in a tearful update on Instagram.

“Half my team have Covid and it’s been impossible to finish the show,” she said, adding that “delivery delays” had also played havoc with her plans.

She was due to play the first of 24 planned shows at the Caesars Palace’s Colosseum on Friday, January 21.

Announced late in November, the Weekends With Adele series was scheduled to have the singer performing two shows every weekend until April.

Tickets ranged from US $85 to $685, and Adele was forecast to make more than £500 000 per show.

They would have been her first live concerts in five years. Along with two dates in London’s Hyde Park this summer, they are the only shows she has announced to promote her blockbuster fourth album, 30.

Speaking on Instagram, Adele said she had been “awake for 30 hours” trying to rescue the production, but she had simply “run out of time”.

“It’s been impossible to finish the show,” she added. “I can’t give you what I have right now and I’m gutted.” (BBC)

Related articles

Bodybuilding legend Albert Beckles dies

The local bodybuilding fraternity is in mourning following the passing of one of this island’s best. Albert Beckles,...

St Philip man remanded on firearm, stolen property charges

Police have formally charged 28-year-old Deron Akoya Daisley of Gemswick, St Philip with firearm, ammunition and stolen property...

Seales leads Red Force fightback on eventful opening day

Fast bowler Jayden Seales picked the perfect time to score his maiden first-class half-century, with his effort saving...

ANSA McAL’s Barbados revenue declines

Its Barbados-based Operations are feeling the impact as ANSA McAL Limited sharpens the focus on core “growth engines”...