Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Maloney for Rally Barbados

Date:

Share post:

Barbadian Formula 3 race car driver Zane Maloney will be one of 90 entrants for Sol Rally Barbados over the weekend of June 4 and 5.

Rally director Neil Barnard said a major re-think of the routes, longer stages, the return of rallying at night, a raft of new marketing partnerships, and a record entry in the growing FIA R5 class, including Maloney, will mark the return of the rally.

The rally was cancelled last year because of health and safety restrictions related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Launch

“I’m not sure where to start with our news,” Barnard said at a media briefing at Divi Southwinds Beach Resort yesterday to launch the event.

“Against the background of everyone recovering from the pandemic at home and overseas, I admit the entry is bigger than I had anticipated, which speaks volumes for the image our event has generated over the years.” (PR/AR)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Sunil Narine rules out West Indies comeback for T20 World Cup

Sunil Narine has ruled himself out of a recall to West Indies' squad for the forthcoming T20 World Cup...

Taiwan rattled by 6.1 magnitude earthquake amid numerous tremors

Taiwan was hit with a magnitude 6.1 earthquake in the early hours of Tuesday local time (2:32 p.m....

Trump hush money trial was ‘election fraud pure and simple’, prosecutors say

Donald Trump “orchestrated a criminal scheme to corrupt the 2016 presidential election” by covering up an alleged affair...

Nicki Minaj throws item back into crowd after nearly getting hit by object onstage

Nicki Minaj was left unimpressed after a fan threw an object at her onstage. In a video shared by Pop Crave on...