Sunday, May 17, 2026

British visitor’s tragedy at Thunder Bay

Date:

Share post:

An 80-year-old British visitor collapsed in the sea on New Year’s Day at Thunder Bay Beach, Lower Carlton, St James.

Police said he was part of a catamaran cruise that had stopped for lunch at Thunder Bay around 2 p.m. when he went for a swim.

Eyewitnesses told the Daily Nation his name was David and they heard his wife begging for him to be okay.

The man was transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he was pronounced dead in the emergency room around 2:45 p.m.  (Nation News)

Related articles

Small Craft Advisory issued for Barbados

A small craft advisory is in effect for Barbados for above normal swell heights, and this pattern is...

Fogging Schedule: May 18 to 22

Various districts in St James, St Michael and St George will be visited by the Vector Control Unit...

UPDATE: Skeetes Road shooting victim identified

The man who was shot and killed at Skeetes Road, Jackman, St Michael earlier this morning was identified...

GovTech ‘not a talking shop’

GovTech Barbados is rolling out a series of citizen-focused digital services, aimed at improving access to public services...