BEIJING – Major rivers burst their banks in southern China, triggering massive floods that have killed 132 people and forced 860 000 to flee their homes, the government said yesterday. With dozens missing and more storms forecast, the death toll was expected to rise.
More than ten million people have been affected since torrential rains began last week Sunday, the Ministry of Water Resources said in a news release.
Flooded out
Previous article
Next article
Related Articles
Caddle: Circus at Belle could have caused national disaster
Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office with Responsibility for Economic Affairs and Planning Marsha Caddle, said if the...
Wanted: Jason Andre Leacock
The Barbados Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance in locating Jason Andre Leacock, alias “J”, who is...
Mortgages rule loans sector
The continued expansion in mortgages to facilitate the increased construction of houses and commercial properties has become “a key...
Regional law enforcement officers urged to collaborate more on tacking crime
The director of policing and risk management with the Barbados-based Regional Security System (RSS), Lieutenant Colonel Kerry Waterman,...
