CASTRIES, St Lucia – Prime Minister Stephenson King yesterday dismissed his attorney general and minister for justice Dr Nicholas Frederick.He has been replaced by attorney Lorenzo Rudolph Francis.There had been much speculation in recent weeks that Frederick would be dismissed following a number of embarrassing legal situations for the government, with the latest being the Court of Appeal ruling in favour of Opposition Leader Dr Kenny Anthony in the so-called Tuxedo Villas affair involving a senior cabinet minister.A brief statement from the office of the prime minister said that Prime Minister King had advised the Governor General Dame Pearlette Louisy to terminate the appointment of Frederick.“As a consequence, Dr Frederick will relinquish his position as attorney general and minister for justice with effect from Friday July 16, 2010,” the statement said, adding that the appointment of Francis as a senator and minister is consistent with the objective of exposing new and younger persons to the process of governing the country and bringing new ideas into government. King expressed his appreciation to Frederick for his contribution to government over the past three-and-a-half years. (CMC)
St Lucia AG dismissed
Related Articles
Two injured in chopping incident in The City
Police are on the scene at Baxter's Road, The City, where two people were injured in a chopping...
Man charged after 13.6kg of cannabis seized
A 27-year-old Christ Church man has been charged with trafficking and importing cannabis after police seized 13.6 kilograms...
BCA hails Matthews, Greaves
The recent international awards won by Barbadians Justin Greaves and Hayley Matthews are justifiable reasons for Bajan cricket...
World’s oldest person celebrates turning 117
The world's oldest living person celebrates turning 117 years old in Surrey on Friday with her family and...
