Monday, April 15, 2024

Boy recovering after shock

Date:

Share post:

JONATHAN NARINE, who suffered severe electrical shock while picking mangoes two weeks ago, is recovering well.
Anne Marie-Pierre, mother of the 16-year-old schoolboy, said yesterday her son had been removed from the Surgical Intensive Care unit, where he had been detained for over a week, and transferred to a ward at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
According to her, the Parkinson Schoool fourth-former was talking and now able to move his hands and feet. He is also reported to be recovering from several burns he suffered during the incident which left him unconscious for four days.
Narine fell from the tree not far away from his Dunlow Lane, St Michael home after the metal rod he was using to pick the fruit struck a high-voltage electrical wire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Rihanna showcases her impeccable style at Coachella

Rihanna secured a front-row spot to cheer on her partner A$AP Rocky as he made a surprise appearance at Coachella on Sunday.  The singer, 36,...

St Kitts and Nevis PM raises red flag over CDB president’s suspension

Dr Gene Leon’s return to his position as president of the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) appears unlikely in...

Eyes on cricket T20 World Cup

BEFORE BARBADOS HOSTED its first Cricket World Cup final in 2007, Barbadians expected the costs to outweigh the...

More room for patients at A&E

THE Accident & Emergency (A& E) Department of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) now has more room to...