Saturday, April 20, 2024

Crop Over ease call

Date:

Share post:

Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs Chris Sinckler has advised the Value Added Tax Department not to “bother” promoters over acquiring and paying for entertainment licences this Crop Over season, but ensure that they follow the rules next year.
During a town hall meeting at the Queen’s Park Steel Shed last Tuesday night, Acting Senior Auditor David Bostic, in the VAT Department, revealed that some proprietors and promoters had been blatantly refusing to comply with regulations requiring entertainment licences, despite repeated pleas from the department.
He said when the department took over responsibility for issuing public entertainment licences from Inland Revenue in 2006, only three or four people were complying.
Bostic said that on recognizing the low level of compliance the department had sought to enforce the law by sending yearly renewal letters to proprietors who should be paying the $150 fee. (MM)
Full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Update: Flash Flood Warning in effect for central districts

The Barbados Meteorological Services (BMS) has expanded its Flash Flood Warning to include the central part of the...

Flash Flood Warning in effect for northwestern districts

The Barbados Meteorological Services (BMS) has issued a Flash Flood Warning for the northern districts of Barbados, effective...

Dust haze advisory remains in effect for Barbados

The Barbados Meteorological Services (BMS) urges residents to be aware of an ongoing significant dust haze advisory. A...

Public cautioned against fake social media posts about President

Members of the public are being cautioned against participating in any schemes claiming to be in the name...