Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Two weeks of congestion

Date:

Share post:

Motorists who travel on Highway 7, notoriously congested in the morning and evening, will have to bear with the road works along Worthing for a bit longer.
A statement from the Ministry of Transport and Works said the work was expected to take around two weeks.
“[We have] commenced repairs to a damaged culvert at Worthing Main Road, Christ Church, and as a result, traffic continues to be reduced to one lane.
“Motorists are advised that the ministry has placed temporary traffic signals in the area of the works to control the movement of vehicles.”The statement said advance warning/diversion signs had been placed at the Top Rock ABC (Ship Inn) Roundabout and at the Rendezvous-Highway 7 junction to notify motorists of the work, adding motorists should divert if possible.
Work started Monday and consists of rebuilding a section of the culvert and was expected to last ten days.
The statement said the work made it necessary to dam the Graeme Hall Stream with boulders and sand.
It also said the Drainage Division was ensuring that “continuous pumping” of the water could take place so there would be no buildup of water in the stream that would cause flooding and affect residents of the area upstream. (CA)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Russian deputy defence minister Timur Ivanov accused of taking bribes

A Russian deputy defence minister has been accused of taking bribes and remanded in custody by a court...

Chief Magistrate a stickler for use of proper English

Chief Magistrate Ian Weekes is not impressed by parents who give their children choices from young and who...

Drax Hall land pause

Government has rolled back a decision to acquire 50 acres of land in St George which was...

Port of Spain General Hospital NICU baby death toll jumps to 18

Port of Spain - Two weeks after the North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA) announced that seven babies...