Thursday, April 18, 2024

NCF head: No staff cuts

Date:

Share post:

There have been no terminations of cultural officers at the National Cultural Foundation (NCF).
Rumours circulating to that affect appear to be just that. News of supposed cuts because of the inability to continue the programmes surfaced last week, and at least four seasoned officers were said to be among them.
The DAILY NATION spoke to one of the said officers, who was very much at work and who said that plans were on stream to roll out a new programme this week.
The source also said the other officers named were still on the job.
When reached yesterday, chief executive officer of the NCF, Dr Donna Hunte-Cox, said she did not know where the information on terminations at the West Terrace, St James office would have come from.
She said “programmes are still ongoing” and that “no persons have been sent home”.
Minister of Culture Stephen Lashley was also contacted, but said he could shed no light on the alleged terminations.

Previous article
Next article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Google sacks staff protesting over Israeli contract

Google has sacked 28 workers who took part in protests against a deal the technology giant has with...

DLP ‘divide’

Members of the Democratic Labour Party (DLP) have been summoned to a meeting on Sunday to thrash out...

Dust Haze Advisory for Barbados

A plume of Sahara dust haze has already begun to affect Barbados and its marine area from today...

US suspends visa service in Haiti

PORT AU PRINCE, Haiti -The US State Department has announced the suspension of routine visa services at its...