The annual March For Jesus this year attracted around 200 participants who danced, sang and waved signs and flags through The City.
Saturday’s march, which has been a staple of the Barbadian Christian calendar for more than 30 years, featured a music truck and was organized by Patrick Tannis of the People’s Cathedral.
“This is part of an international movement which is happening all over the world. The turnout is good, better than last year,” he said, adding that many other denominations took part as well.
Tannis said one of the reasons for holding the march every year was the almost immediate positive effects it had on society.
“We can see the blessings afterwards [with] differences in crime and the economy. The Bible says ‘Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord’,” he said.
Bearing signs and flags with slogans such as Jesus Is Lord, King Of Kings and Christ Is The Answer, the swelling crowd started the march in Independence Square and passed along Wharf Road, Princess Alice Highway, and Fontabelle, then headed back through The City via Broad Street, ending in Independence Square for Worship In The City, all under the close supervision of the Royal Barbados Police Force. (CA)


