Friday, April 12, 2024

MTW to be sued over cars

Date:

Share post:

A lawyer has said he plans to file a lawsuit against the Ministry of Transport and Works (MTW) for failing to register three vehicles assembled locally.
Queen’s Counsel Ralph Thorne told the SATURDAY SUN that his client had brought in shells and assembled the vehicles but had so far been unable to get them registered by the Licensing Authority. Thorne insisted that all the assembly steps had been complied with.
“I wrote to the Chief Licensing Officer and gave him until the end of this week to respond and give me a justifiable reason for their actions. I have received no response so I will be filing proceedings in the next few days,” the lawyer said.
Thorne explained that the same client experienced difficulties in getting the shells released from the Port Authority last July, even though he had also adhered to all of the requirements and had paid his duties. (MB)

Previous article
Next article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Shopkeepers playing it safe

Some shopkeepers are on high alert because of the recent increase in aggravated burglaries and robberies. While some said...

Motion against DLP president ruled invalid

The no-confidence motion brought against president of the Democratic Labour Party (DLP), Dr Ronnie Yearwood, is invalid. That is...

Israeli airstrike kills three sons of Hamas political leader in Gaza as ceasefire talks stutter

Three sons of Hamas political leader Ismail Haniyeh were killed in an Israeli airstrike in Gaza Wednesday, with Haniyeh insisting...

Wanted Man: Raphael Nowell

The Barbados Police Service (TBPS) is seeking the assistance of the public in locating Raphael Diego Nowell alias...