Saturday, April 20, 2024

Kellie’s warning

Date:

Share post:

Minister of?Housing Denis Kellman says he will soon have to make tough decisions about builders contracted by the National Housing Corporation (NHC)?to construct houses but failed to complete their projects.
Questioned by the SUNDAY?SUN yesterday about the number of housing projects which appeared to have come to a standstill, Kellman said: “Those projects are not at a standstill. I have spoken to some of the contractors and I have told them that those who can’t deliver, we would do what we have to do.”
He added that Cabinet might soon have to meet to make a decision on those “who cannot fulfill their obligation”.
The NHC?has several housing projects underway in Lancaster Stages 1 and 2, St James; Parish Land and Woodbourne, St Philip, and West Terrace/Durants in St James, with houses either completed or appearing to be near completion. However, there has been no physical activity at these sites for several months.
While not identifying which projects faced problems, Kellman said he had been very patient and tolerant of the situation since taking over the Ministry of Housing in March.

Previous article
Next article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Man with videos shown Dodds

A man who claimed to have “over 300 and something videos” will be away from his “fans” for...

Netflix profits soar after password sharing crackdown

Netflix says its profits have soared in the first three months of this year, partly thanks to a...

Man who set himself on fire outside Trump’s Manhattan hush money trial dies

A man who set himself on fire outside the Manhattan court where former President Donald Trump's hush-money trial...

Man with videos shown Dodds

A man who claimed to have “over 300 and something videos” will be away from his “fans” for...