JETBLUE AIRWAYS IS adding additional seats and flights on its New York-Barbados route during the current winter season.
This is good news for local tourism which has been apprehensive about the impact on the route of the decision by American Airlines to pull out from January 15, leaving JetBlue, a low-cost carrier headquartered in New York, as the lone carrier offering a direct flight between the two destinations.
Réal Hamilton-Romeo, JetBlue’s manager of corporate communications, said the carrier would begin by providing more seats for the approaching holiday period, one of its busiest times of the year.
“We’ve added hundreds of seats to our schedule for the holiday season (December 19 to January 6) in the form of our new A321 aircraft,” she said.
JetBlue lift
Previous article
Next article
Related Articles
Court reprimands father who left son on Mount Fuji
A father has been reprimanded by police after leaving his son on Japan’s highest mountain for several hours...
St Lucia staging national exhibit for underwater sculpture park
Castries – St Lucia is set to unveil its first National Exhibition for the development of one out...
Matthew Forde to the fore with five-for in Kings’ victory over Kingsmen
Matthew Forde delivered the best bowling display of the Republic Bank Caribbean Premier League (CPL) so far this...
All eyes on Bulldoze
By Lindon Yarde
Can the rampaging Bulldoze defy 135 pounds and close off with a beaver-trick as he goes in pursuit of...
