Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Town Planning commissions study

Date:

Share post:

THE BARBADOS GOVERNMENT has commissioned a 10-month $500 000 study that will determine how it responds to applications for millions of dollars in developments in a south-eastern corridor of the island.
The area stretches from St David’s, Christ Church to Six Roads, St Philip and the study is to guide development there over a five-year period. Chief Town Planner, Mark Cummins told reporters today that Ecoisle Consulting Inc., in conjunction with the UK-based firm Globe International, had been contracted to prepare the plan for the area, where developers want to work with hundreds of acres of land, much of it now under agriculture. Cummins said that with the increasing pressure to change the use of the land in that area, and to assist in the decision-making process, the Town Planning Department thought it necessary to have a comprehensive land use analysis of the area prepared. He said a school was also earmarked for the area but that had the blessings of the department. The department will have to rule on applications covering hundreds of acres and more than 1 200 lots for development. (TY)
 

Related articles

Agriculture chief targets challenges

Barbados' newest Chief Agricultural Officer has pointed to praedial larceny, monkeys, labour shortages, rising input costs, climate change,...

Arsenal win Premier League after Manchester City draw at Bournemouth

Arsenal were crowned Premier League champions on Tuesday for the first time in 22 years after Manchester City...

Bostic: Fight NCDs in communities

President The Most Honourable Jeffrey Bostic is warning that health policies aimed at combating chronic diseases will remain...

Bajans weigh gas option

Barbadians are paying more for gas and it has some of them looking for ways to adjust their...