Monday, April 22, 2024

Oval ‘royal mess’

Date:

Share post:

GOVERNMENT IS contemplating major changes in the way Kensington Oval operates because “a royal mess” there is causing the state to spend too much money.
Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler made this declaration last night, addressing a meeting of the St James North constituency branch of the Democratic Labour Party (DLP).
He said Government had been having talks with the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) as well as the Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) about its intention to institute “substantial changes”.
According to Sinckler, challenges with the Oval included an estimated $1 million yearly lease from the BCA and projections that Government could end up spending “close to $800 million” in the next “60 to 70 odd years” unless conditions changed.

Previous article
Next article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Caribbean Export boosts businesses

BUSINESSES IN Barbados were among the beneficiaries as the Caribbean Export Development Agency, which is based here, facilitated...

Denny says Govt should not buy property

NSTEAD OF GOVERNMENT INTENDING to spend an estimated $8 million of tax payers’ money to buy part of...

Israel military intelligence chief quits over 7 October

The Israeli military's intelligence chief has resigned, saying he took responsibility for the failures before Hamas's attack on...

Female body found in well at Carmichael

The body of a female was retrieved from a well at Carmichael, St George about 11:15 p.m on...