Thursday, April 25, 2024

Fire too swift to save much

Date:

Share post:

A St Michael woman watched on as her house was gutted by fire in a matter of minutes.

And to make matters worse, Virginia “Virgie” Burnett believes the fire was started by a relative.

“He told the fireman he had a lighter and he lit a piece of paper and it caught the bed,” she said.

Burnett, 48, was left shocked and in tears yesterday as her two-bedroom unit located in St Michael, which she shared with her two daughters and four grandchildren was destroyed when fire swept through the residence just after 3 p.m.

All that she managed to save was a chair and a fan.

The adjoining unit was spared any major damage. The occupants of the house who declined to give their names said they only suffered slight water damage to the walls.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Body found near Culpepper

There are reports reaching The Nation that a body was found in the area of Culpepper, St Philip. Initial...

Time to focus on national issues

ARE THE DEMS united, or are they fragmented? The reason I ask though is because shortly after Member of...

Dominica High Court overturns ban on same-sex relations

Dominica's High Court has overturned a ban on consensual same-sex relations in the Caribbean island nation. The court ruled...

Usain Bolt named ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 Ambassador

ST JOHN’S, Antigua – The International Cricket Council (ICC) have announced Olympic legend Usain Bolt as an ambassador...