Thursday, April 18, 2024

Thorne Upset

Date:

Share post:

THE ATTORNEY representing the majority of West Indies players who withdrew their services on the recent tour of India says he is appalled by claims from the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) that he is yet to submit a response to a proposed joint statement.

​Additionally, Ralph Thorne QC is adamant he will not endorse any correspondence that refuses to make it clear in no uncertain terms that the players will not suffer from victimisation.

In a media release yesterday evening following a teleconference among WICB directors, the board said it sent a draft joint statement to the attorneys representing the West Indies Players’ Association (WIPA) and the tour players and was awaiting the response of the players’ attorney.

It added that a statement would be provided once such a response was received.

Thorne, who joined West Indies One-Day International captain Dwayne Bravo and Test captain Denesh Ramdin to represent the interest of the players at a meeting in Trinidad last week Friday with WICB and WIPA representatives, rejected the WICB’s claim.

“I am appalled that the WICB would publicly claim that they are awaiting a response from me when we have been enduring the WICB’s inertia and neglect to promptly issue a statement after submitting our suggestions towards their statement since Saturday, November 1, 2014,” Thorne told the WEEKEND NATION.

 

 

Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Google sacks staff protesting over Israeli contract

Google has sacked 28 workers who took part in protests against a deal the technology giant has with...

DLP ‘divide’

Members of the Democratic Labour Party (DLP) have been summoned to a meeting on Sunday to thrash out...

Dust Haze Advisory for Barbados

A plume of Sahara dust haze has already begun to affect Barbados and its marine area from today...

US suspends visa service in Haiti

PORT AU PRINCE, Haiti -The US State Department has announced the suspension of routine visa services at its...