Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Crop Over changes likely

Date:

Share post:

SOME MAJOR CHANGES could be coming to the Sweetest Summer Festival this year.

Soca Royale competition, which has been staged at Bushy Park, St Philip, since 2010, could be moving to Kensington Oval, which is already the home of the semi-finals of the Sweet Soca and Party Monarch competitions, the Pic-O-De-Crop Finals and Cohobblopot.

When asked about that possible development following the Sponsors Launch of Crop Over at Kensington Oval yesterday, Minister of Culture Stephen Lashley said no decision had been taken on moving two of the biggest events on the Crop Over calendar.

“There are always considerations. We have discussions every year with our stakeholders, but at the end of the day we have to make a decision in terms of those discussions. But no decision has been made to move Soca Royale to Kensington,” said Lashley.

Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.

Email: yvettebest@nationnews.com

Previous article
Next article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Russian deputy defence minister Timur Ivanov accused of taking bribes

A Russian deputy defence minister has been accused of taking bribes and remanded in custody by a court...

Chief Magistrate a stickler for use of proper English

Chief Magistrate Ian Weekes is not impressed by parents who give their children choices from young and who...

Drax Hall land pause

Government has rolled back a decision to acquire 50 acres of land in St George which was...

Port of Spain General Hospital NICU baby death toll jumps to 18

Port of Spain - Two weeks after the North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA) announced that seven babies...