Sunday, April 21, 2024

Dad’s pain

Date:

Share post:

A FATHER OF NINE is claiming the Child Care Board (CCB) has removed three of his children without following the proper procedures.

Anthony Selman, 50, of St Michael, said he was not shown the required documentation and since then, he, his partner Harriet Hackett and the other children were suffering.

But the board said the children were put in the care of the state as a place of safety under the Prevention Of Cruelty To Children Act.

Selman told the DAILY NATION the board became involved with the family about three years ago when two children were picked up by police for wandering.

From there, he said the case worker had been visiting the children’s school and trying to persuade them they would be better off in the state’s care.

Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Body found at Carmichael, St. George

Emergency officials are attempting to recover what appears to be a body at Carmichael, St George. Police public affairs...

Blackett endorses Yearwood, no-confidence in Thorne

Pandemonium broke out at a quarterly review meeting of the Democratic Labour Party (DLP) this evening after general...

Netanyahu to reject any sanctions on army units

Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed to reject any sanctions on the country's military, after reports that the US...

Search on for missing woman

About 400 people took part in the search for Sonia Parris.An employee of Chefette Wildey, Parris, 58, of...