MINISTER OF CULTURE Stephen Lashley says he will be using his good office to make sure that St Lawrence Gap is maintained as the tourist entertainment strip of Barbados.
In an interview with the SUNDAY SUN, Lashley said he had already asked the Permanent Secretary in his ministry to meet and discuss the issue with the Royal Barbados Police Force, with a view to coming to common ground on the issue.
He said he had already had a discussion with Minister of Tourism Richard Sealy and Attorney General Adriel Brathwaite on the issue.
“While we understand the needs of the business people in the area, we also have to meet the needs of the residents as well,” he said.
Please read the full story in today’s Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.