Monday, April 15, 2024

No claim for lottery money

Date:

Share post:

NO ONE HAS COME forward to claim the $2 280 000 prize money for the January 21 Mega 6 lottery draw.

The deadline to claim the prize money has officially passed and Dentonia Brewster, site operations manager of the Barbados Lottery, said no valid ticket had been forthcoming.

Brewster told the WEEKEND NATION in telephone interview that since the deadline had passed the Barbados Lottery was still in the process of working out with its beneficiaries, which include the Barbados Turf Club, Barbados Olympic Association, Barbados Cricket Association and the National Sports Council, what steps will be taken and the way forward.

He noted that it was very rare for winners not to come forward.

“Those big jackpot prizes are always collected.

“So very, very soon that will be worked out,” Brewster said.

In January the Barbados Lottery issued a statement that it would conduct a full investigation when the winner of the Mega 6 jackpot came forward.

The statement was issued in light of reports that a gas station cashier had been arrested for allegedly stealing over $10 000 worth of lottery tickets. (LK)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Trump trial: Dozens of jurors rejected as they say they cannot be impartial

Donald Trump's unprecedented criminal trial has begun with half of a group of potential jurors ruled out within...

Political parties lash out at Haiti PM over council limbo

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AFP) — The Haitian parties set to form a long-awaited governing council have called for the...

Celtics draw first blood

Underdogs and first-time finalist C.A.M Smart Assurance City United Celtics registered the ideal start, defeating Burger King Clapham...

Digicel appoints Marcelo Cataldo as Group Chief Executive Officer

Kingston, Jamaica - Digicel Group today announced Marcelo Cataldo as its new Group Chief Executive, effective 1st May...