Sunday, March 3, 2024

No U-13 winner

Date:

Share post:

THE BOYCOTTED Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) Sir Everton Weekes Under-13 final will not be played after all.

In response to the decision by the Barbados Association of Principals and Public Secondary Schools (BAPPSS) to withdraw finalists Combermere and Foundation from last Thursday’s championship match at the Empire Club ground, the BCA has announced that the tournament will be concluded without a winner.

Explaining the move, the BCA said BAPPSS’ action was done without discussion and proper notification to the organisers.

“After spending much time and effort in planning and arranging this tournament for the benefit of the schoolboys, it was unfortunate that BAPPSS took that decision to deprive the said young cricketers from participating in such a final which serves as a significant part of their development,” the BCA said in a statement. (HG)

Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Hundreds escape jail after violence escalate

PORT AU PRINCE – Hundreds of prisoners escaped from Haiti’s National Penitentiary here, after fighting broke out on Saturday. According to...

400 more get Welcome Stamp nod

Four hundred people were approved last year for Barbados’ Welcome Stamp programme. The programme which was introduced during the...

Portfolio Company’s golden return

Pink was the colour of the day. However it was not the raging 4-5 Gold Cup favourite Jerry...

Support for ease in camouflage law

Non-traditional camouflage patterns cannot be seen as impersonating the armed forces. That was the opinion of Minister of Home...