Sunday, May 24, 2026

BWU eases up

Date:

Share post:

A THREAT TO disrupt the CARIFESTA celebrations has been averted, for now.

For the past two days, officials from the Barbados Workers’ Union (BWU) have been engaged in high level meetings with management at the Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation (CBC).

According to sources, former general secretary of the BWU and now consultant Sir Roy Trotman had threatened industrial action following a breakdown of salary negotiations at the state-run organisation.

However, a source told the MIDWEEK NATION that after marathon meetings on Monday and yesterday, that danger had been averted. (RB)

Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.

Related articles

Arsonist awaits fate

Next Friday is decision day for self-confessed arsonist Kimberly Shantelle Brathwaite. That’s when she will learn the punishment for...

DLP: Law too soft on money behind gangs

The Democratic Labour Party (DLP) says while it is backing Government’s proposed anti-gang legislation, the bill in its...

Alpha get first word on Day 1

Alpha Sharks Swim Club (ASSC) made the strongest statement on the opening day of the 34th annual Sonia O’Neal...

Franklyn slams NISSS portability plan

General secretary of Unity Workers Union (UWU) Caswell Franklyn is charging that the portability of national insurance benefits...