Sunday, March 3, 2024

PSV bodies warn Govt to meet . . . or else

Date:

Share post:

They have asked. They have waited. And now they are frustrated and ready to protest.

Roy Raphael, chairman of the Alliance Owners of Public Transport, said the group’s calls for duty-free concessions for parts and vehicles had been continuously ignored and a warning to Government is that 2018 will be the year for action.

Raphael said the alliance had the support of fellow public service vehicle (PSV) body, the Association of Public Transport Operators.

“The two bodies meet once a month and we work closely. We will be making a public statement very, very shortly as it relates to us being ignored by the Ministry of Finance – either they give us the duty-free concessions or we are going to take action,” he said.

This is not the first time Raphael or another representative of the PSV sector has spoken out about duty-free concessions, but he said the issue had now reached boiling point because the sector was under-performing without those concessions. (CA)

 

Please read the full story in today’s Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.

Previous article
Next article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Sandy Lane Barbados Gold Cup 2024

Portfolio Company, ridden by Antonio Bishop, gets the edge on Rasheed Hughes aboard Cash Equity, to win the...

Zane does it again

by Nick Maitland It was a season start most drivers only dream of! Barbadian Zane Maloney set an impressive example...

Thorne ‘not backing down’

There will be no backing down by the Leader of the Opposition in his quest for answers and...

Attractions way forward

Attractions, attractions and even more attractions. That’s the focus and direction in which this country’s tourism sector should...