Saturday, May 23, 2026

Force says crime down

Date:

Share post:

The Royal Barbados Police Force is reporting a slight drop in crime for the first ten months of 2018 when compared to the corresponding period last year.

Acting Commissioner Erwin Boyce told the media on Tuesday at police headquarters, Roebuck Street, The City, that up to November 10, reported crime showed a decrease of 102 incidents.

“From that mix, we have seen decreases in what you would call major crime, murder, rape, robbery, theft from the person and commercial burglary. Murder has decreased by four when compared to the 2017 figure. In 2017 at this time, we had 28 murders and this year at this time we have 24,” he said, while also pointing out that robberies decreased by two and aggravated robberies by seven.

With regard to drug-related crimes, assault with intent, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, Boyce said numbers were also down when compared to 2017. (DB)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

Related articles

Family of nine out in the cold

The feud between Shauntelle Butcher and some members of her family came to a head on Thursday. Unable to...

Symmonds pushes services-led growth as Barbados eyes digital economy expansion

Minister of Energy, Business Development and Commerce Kerrie Symmonds says Barbados must move quickly to diversify its economy...

Traffic upgrades rolled out at Highway 7/Rendezvous junction

Motorists using the junction of Highway 7 and Rendezvous Road are expected to experience improved traffic flow following...

Quinn moulding young artistes

Quinn Prescott loves working with upcoming junior calypsonians and soca artistse. As the youth director of House of...