Friday, May 22, 2026

Over 1000 gone so far

Date:

Share post:

JUST OVER 1 000 civil servants have been severed so far during Government’s retrenchment programme.

So said Minister of Labour Colin Jordan, as he spoke on the Voice Of Barbados BrassTacks Sunday call-in programme.

“I don’t have an exact number, but I believe we are over 1 000 because the situation is a work in progress. As we move on, we get updates from the ministry responsible and from the Chief Personnel Officer and we are moving towards our target,” he added.

He, however, revealed that some statutory organisations were still to pare down their staff complement and that might take place in the next phase of the retrenchment programme (HLE)

.Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

Previous article
Next article

Related articles

Mystery of missing caskets

Who took the caskets of a deceased funeral director? The mysterious disappearance of five caskets is part of an...

‘Soil the cause of brown sea water’ at Carlisle Bay

The source of brown sea water spreading across Carlisle Bay remains in question as both beachgoers and environmental...

Murder accused: Didn’t mean to hurt her

It was never his intention to hurt anyone, said murder accused Roger Delisle Sealy. But he panicked after hitting...

Government announced new measures for entry into Antigua and Barbuda

The Antigua and Barbuda government has announced new measures aimed at enhancing public health safety amid concerns regarding...