Friday, May 22, 2026

Rugby success

Date:

Share post:

The local rugby scene is seemingly heating up and overseas teams are jostling to be a part of it.

This was a point expressed by manager of the local organising committee of the Mitsubishi Electric Rugby Barbados World 7s (MERBW7s) tournament, George Nicholson as the curtains came down on the 2018 edition.

Speaking to THE NATION on Sunday evening at Kensington Oval, Nicholson said the event, now in its third year, attracted 20 overseas teams, compared to last year’s 15. In addition, three local teams also competed.

Though he was concerned about the low spectator attendance, Nicholson deemed the tournament a rousing success. (TR-Y)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

Related articles

Symmonds pushes services-led growth as Barbados eyes digital economy expansion

Minister of Energy, Business Development and Commerce Kerrie Symmonds says Barbados must move quickly to diversify its economy...

Traffic upgrades rolled out at Highway 7/Rendezvous junction

Motorists using the junction of Highway 7 and Rendezvous Road are expected to experience improved traffic flow following...

Quinn moulding young artistes

Quinn Prescott loves working with upcoming junior calypsonians and soca artistse. As the youth director of House of...

Guardiola says Man City ‘need new energy’ as exit confirmed

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City need "new energy" as he brought an end to his 10-year reign as manager. The club...