Friday, May 22, 2026

Warning shot

Date:

Share post:

KINGSTON – Cricket West Indies (CWI) president Dave Cameron has questioned the commitment of West Indies players and has warned that “serious decisions” will be taken at board level to curb the problem.

Speaking in a radio interview in the wake of the Windies historic series whitewash by Bangladesh in the two-Test series last week, Cameron said the board was spending “millions of dollars” to develop players but was not managing to maximise its investment.

“Part of our challenge is we’re having players who are going in and out of the system. They’re not fit enough and we spend millions of dollars on bringing them to where they’re at, and we need players to commit to West Indies,” Cameron said.

A CWI board meeting was held in Trinidad last weekend, which Cameron said would have been used to come to “serious decisions” on what is referred to as the “West Indies cricket first policy”. (CMC)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition and read the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

Related articles

Symmonds pushes services-led growth as Barbados eyes digital economy expansion

Minister of Energy, Business Development and Commerce Kerrie Symmonds says Barbados must move quickly to diversify its economy...

Traffic upgrades rolled out at Highway 7/Rendezvous junction

Motorists using the junction of Highway 7 and Rendezvous Road are expected to experience improved traffic flow following...

Quinn moulding young artistes

Quinn Prescott loves working with upcoming junior calypsonians and soca artistse. As the youth director of House of...

Guardiola says Man City ‘need new energy’ as exit confirmed

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City need "new energy" as he brought an end to his 10-year reign as manager. The club...