Tuesday, April 23, 2024

PM tells squatters not to fear

Date:

Share post:

Have no fear, the squatters at Rock Hall, St Philip, have been told.

This message came yesterday from Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley, who said Government remained committed to solving the problem and would do so in a fair, reasonable and humane manner.

Mottley explained that residents who were served with enforcement notices last week did not need to become anxious, as it was just another step toward a solution.

The notices, placed on more than 20 houses, take effect on November 13. They gave the squatters two weeks from that date to remove their houses and all building materials from the land, as well as leave the property in the condition it was before the structure was built. (PR/BGIS)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Broad Street to be paved over Heroes weekend

The Ministry of Transport and Works, through its contractor Infra Construction Inc., will mill and pave Lower Broad...

Death rates up

Barbados’ population is officially in decline as the number of people dying each year surpasses those being born. That...

CDB boss steps down with ‘immediate effect’

BRIDGETOWN – President of the Barbados-based Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), Dr Hyginus ‘Gene’ Leon, has resigned with “immediate...

St Michael man remanded on 14 charges

A 23-year-old St Michael man was remanded to Dodds Prison after appearing in court to answer 14 charges. Raheem...