Saturday, May 23, 2026

Windies ‘bigger threat’ to England

Date:

Share post:

Assistant coach Roddy Estwick believes West Indies are better poised now than three years ago to carve out a positive series result on their proposed tour of England.

On their last tour of the United Kingdom in 2017, the Caribbean side pulled off an astonishing victory in the second Test at Leeds, but suffered heavy defeats in the two other Tests to go down 2-1 in the three-Test series.

However, Estwick said players had gained significant experience since then and with several other players coming through to give the Test squad greater depth, the Windies could prove a serious threat for their higher-ranked opponents.

“For me, I think we might be a better team when we go to England this time,” Estwick said while overseeing training sessions, designed by the Barbados Cricket Association’s head coach Dexter Toppin at Kensington Oval for the Barbadian group selected in the 30-man provisional squad. (CMC)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

Download the Telegram app from the App Store or Play Store and sign up for new alerts at this link.

Join Nation News on Telegram

nationnews-on-telegram

Related articles

Symmonds pushes services-led growth as Barbados eyes digital economy expansion

Minister of Energy, Business Development and Commerce Kerrie Symmonds says Barbados must move quickly to diversify its economy...

Traffic upgrades rolled out at Highway 7/Rendezvous junction

Motorists using the junction of Highway 7 and Rendezvous Road are expected to experience improved traffic flow following...

Quinn moulding young artistes

Quinn Prescott loves working with upcoming junior calypsonians and soca artistse. As the youth director of House of...

Guardiola says Man City ‘need new energy’ as exit confirmed

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City need "new energy" as he brought an end to his 10-year reign as manager. The club...