Monday, May 18, 2026

11-Plus exam to be ‘fluid’

Date:

Share post:

PARENTS PREPARING THEIR children for next year’s Barbados Secondary Schools’ Entrance Examinations have been told that the schedule is “a very fluid one” in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.

This is coming from district education officer in the Ministry of Education Shamin Ally who responded to a question during a Barbados Secondary Schools’ Examination town hall meeting at Princess Margaret Secondary School, St Philip on Saturday evening.

“Right now we are slated to have this exam in May, just as it happened last academic year . . . it was delayed so it depends on what happens. I cannot tell you at this time what will . . . but it is a very fluid situation. Right now we are aiming for May,” said Ally who was assisted by the principal of St Joseph Primary Everton Briggs during the town hall session.

Ally said based on information collected by the ministry, “most class fours are full time, so they get the benefit of the full curriculum, then there are some who get days on; days off”, of which the latter is online. (JS)

 

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

 

 

District education officer in the Ministry of Education Shamin Ally interacting with some parents after the Common Entrance town hall meeting. (JS)

Related articles

Consumers to pay more at the pump

The retail prices of gasoline, diesel, and kerosene will increase effective midnight, Sunday, May 17. Gasoline will retail at...

Small Craft Advisory issued for Barbados

A small craft advisory is in effect for Barbados for above normal swell heights, and this pattern is...

Fogging Schedule: May 18 to 22

Various districts in St James, St Michael and St George will be visited by the Vector Control Unit...

UPDATE: Skeetes Road shooting victim identified

The man who was shot and killed at Skeetes Road, Jackman, St Michael earlier this morning was identified...