Sunday, March 3, 2024

$9m work on Cave from next month

Date:

Share post:

The $9 million development promised by the new operators of Harrison’s Cave should be completed “over the next six to eight months”, even as the St Thomas attraction reopens early next month.

Chief executive officer of Chukka Caribbean Adventures, Marc Melville, said yesterday the COVID-19 pandemic had affected plans to construct a dry slide, a bridge over the gully, zip line and a challenge course – “four primary activities” the Jamaican company had said it would be adding to Barbados’ premier attraction to create the new Harrison’s Cave Eco Adventures Park.

“From July all the way up to December we will be starting construction and completing construction on all of the elements in the plan,” he said, with a targeted January completion date.

Chukka officially took over operations last December and at his first media briefing here the month before, Melville had announced the company would be developing the site into an adventure park offering a range of additional activities to cater to the fancy of a wider range of ages and interests, while the cave tour would remain the core feature. (GC)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

 

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Hundreds escape jail after violence escalate

PORT AU PRINCE – Hundreds of prisoners escaped from Haiti’s National Penitentiary here, after fighting broke out on Saturday. According to...

400 more get Welcome Stamp nod

Four hundred people were approved last year for Barbados’ Welcome Stamp programme. The programme which was introduced during the...

Portfolio Company’s golden return

Pink was the colour of the day. However it was not the raging 4-5 Gold Cup favourite Jerry...

Support for ease in camouflage law

Non-traditional camouflage patterns cannot be seen as impersonating the armed forces. That was the opinion of Minister of Home...