A HIGH-POWERED MAC-10 machine gun was among a cache of firearms found at the home of one of two suspects in last Saturday night’s shooting of two police officers.
The two, a 22-year-old from St George and a 19-year-old from Christ Church, were held by a squad of detectives early yesterday.
The weapons were found at the home of the 22-year-old.
“We are actively and vigorously investigating the murders which occurred at Salters, St George, and we are vehement in our resolve to solve these cases,” public relations officer of the Royal Barbados Police Force, Inspector David Welch, told a Press conference yesterday, shortly after breaking the news that lawmen had captured two suspects in connection with the shooting at Navy Gardens, Christ Church, which left two officers with bullet wounds.
The other firearms found at the residence of one of the suspect were two nine-millimetre pistols, a .38 super automatic pistol, a .45 calibre pistol and a .25 calibre pistol. Lawmen also discovered a quantity of ammunition.
Welch also said that contrary to reports, the manpower for investigators had not been reduced but instead investigations had been enhanced with the setting up of a Major Incident Room.
“This unit has been tasked to support the current investigations by having the public supply information, analyzing the information received and disseminating the results to aid the detectives in the field,” he said.
“We are continuing to employ all investigative tools at our disposal to solve and to bring perpetrators to justice,” Welch added.
The public relations officer also urged the public to use the crime desks of the force’s territorial divisions across the island to assist lawmen in their quest to eliminate crime.
“As a reminder, crime desks are located in each of the territorial divisions – (South) 253-4871; (North) 253-4893; and (Bridgetown) 253-4880.”
Welch also noted that plans were afoot to contact communities that were affected by criminal activities over the last several weeks.
Meanwhile, Police Constable Terry Pierre, who suffered gunshots to the hand and torso, was expected to be released from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital yesterday evening, while Sergeant Christine Husbands,

