Monday, May 18, 2026

Bishop calls it quits

Date:

Share post:

After 14 years of representing Barbados in netball, Lydia Bishop has called it quits.
Bishop announced her retirement Tuesday evening at the Grantley Adams International Airport when the senior team returned from the World Netball Championships in Singapore.
“It is the last [for me] playing netball for Barbados. As I said to the girls, I will continue playing for NCC Ballers because we won the league last year and I will come out and defend the crown next year, but this is the last international tournament for me,” Bishop said.
“I’ve set aside my life all these years for netball. I am not getting any younger, I am getting older and I think it is time to move on.” (SAT)
 
Full story in today’s DAILY NATION.
 
 

Related articles

Bodybuilding legend Albert Beckles dies

The local bodybuilding fraternity is in mourning following the passing of one of this island’s best. Albert Beckles,...

St Philip man remanded on firearm, stolen property charges

Police have formally charged 28-year-old Deron Akoya Daisley of Gemswick, St Philip with firearm, ammunition and stolen property...

Seales leads Red Force fightback on eventful opening day

Fast bowler Jayden Seales picked the perfect time to score his maiden first-class half-century, with his effort saving...

ANSA McAL’s Barbados revenue declines

Its Barbados-based Operations are feeling the impact as ANSA McAL Limited sharpens the focus on core “growth engines”...