Tuesday, May 19, 2026

100 vacancies at Customs, says Sinckler

Date:

Share post:

THERE are over 100 vacant posts to be filled at the Customs Department.

This was revealed by Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler yesterday, who has been acting as facilitator in the discussions over the transition of that department to the Barbados Revenue Authority.

Calling it a significant number, Sinckler revealed that the issue of the appointments was one of the major issues but added it was presently being worked on.

“Over the course of the couple meetings which I facilitated, both sides were able to come to an agreement as to how the process should go forward he said,” adding that staff at the department had been received notices of the vacant positions and what was required in the application process.

Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.

Related articles

Agriculture chief targets challenges

Barbados' newest Chief Agricultural Officer has pointed to praedial larceny, monkeys, labour shortages, rising input costs, climate change,...

Arsenal win Premier League after Manchester City draw at Bournemouth

Arsenal were crowned Premier League champions on Tuesday for the first time in 22 years after Manchester City...

Bostic: Fight NCDs in communities

President The Most Honourable Jeffrey Bostic is warning that health policies aimed at combating chronic diseases will remain...

Bajans weigh gas option

Barbadians are paying more for gas and it has some of them looking for ways to adjust their...