Sunday, May 24, 2026

Bajan safe in Japan

Date:

Share post:

JUDITH?AND?PAUL?Magras are holding onto this photograph taken two years ago when their son Anthony left England, where he was working, to reside in Japan.
It was also the last time they saw him.
On Friday, after news of the devastating tsunami that struck Japan’s east coast, they managed to contact Anthony via telephone and were relieved to learn that he was “fine” and not affected by the devastation. Anthony teaches English in Japan.
The Magrases said they had been speaking to their 28-year-old son constantly since then because they were still concerned about his safety. And they intend to carefully monitor the situation.

Related articles

Arsonist awaits fate

Next Friday is decision day for self-confessed arsonist Kimberly Shantelle Brathwaite. That’s when she will learn the punishment for...

DLP: Law too soft on money behind gangs

The Democratic Labour Party (DLP) says while it is backing Government’s proposed anti-gang legislation, the bill in its...

Alpha get first word on Day 1

Alpha Sharks Swim Club (ASSC) made the strongest statement on the opening day of the 34th annual Sonia O’Neal...

Franklyn slams NISSS portability plan

General secretary of Unity Workers Union (UWU) Caswell Franklyn is charging that the portability of national insurance benefits...