Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Regret over anthem slip

Date:

Share post:

Chairman of the Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA), Adrian Elcock, yesterday took the blame for not having the National Anthem played at the start of the Rihanna Loud Concert last Friday night.
Elcock told a Press conference at BTA’s headquarters that playing the Anthem required coordination with the BTA and Rihanna’s management team, RocNation, to whom a recorded version of the Anthem should have been given, but somewhere along the lines, “the ball was dropped”.
“I am not going to pass on the blame here. While it was physically discussed at our meetings the responsibility of getting the recording to Rihanna’s production crew did not materialise. If it was a local show any sound engineer would have had the Anthem at the pause of a button, but that was not the case and I deeply regret that in the rush, I didn’t enforce the order as strongly as I should have,” Elcock said.
After highlighting the positives results of the Loud concert, Elcock revealed there had been a few challenges when 28 000 patrons packed Kensington Oval for the concert. (CT)
 
Full story in today’s DAILY NATION.
 

Related articles

Fortress weathers ‘rocky’ quarter

Despite a challenging first quarter that saw most of Fortress Fund Managers’ portfolios experiencing marginal declines, chief executive...

Son of Mango boss arrested over father’s fatal fall from cliff

The son of Mango founder Isak Andic has been arrested in connection with his father's death. Jonathan Andic, 43,...

Wanted man now in police custody

The Barbados Police Service has confirmed that Troy Barry O’Neal Wiltshire, who was the subject of a wanted...

Cuba tells US to lift embargo instead of multi-million dollar aid offer

Cuba’s Ambassador to Dominica, Miguel Manuel Fraga Gonzalez, has brushed aside a United States offer of a US$100...