Sunday, May 24, 2026

No thanks

Date:

Share post:

The Barbados Court of Appeals has been asked to intervene in a matter in which CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank told the former boss of CLICO Holdings (Barbados) Ltd, Leroy Parris, they intend to close the three accounts he holds with them. The matter is scheduled for hearing on Wednesday.
Last week, reliable legal sources told the SUNDAY SUN that Justice Jacqueline Cornelius turned down a request by lawyers acting for Parris to have the bank reverse its decision “to terminate its banking relationship”, which it first communicated to the wealthy business executive by letter on May 21, 2013.
It is understood the accounts hold at least several hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Apparently, the source explained, Parris sought relief from the court after repeated attempts by his lawyers, the sharing of correspondence with Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler, and an “attempt” by Central Bank Governor Dr DeLisle Worrell “to use his good offices in an attempt to get the matter amicably resolved” failed to get CIBC-FCIB to reverse its decision.

Previous article
Next article

Related articles

Arsonist awaits fate

Next Friday is decision day for self-confessed arsonist Kimberly Shantelle Brathwaite. That’s when she will learn the punishment for...

DLP: Law too soft on money behind gangs

The Democratic Labour Party (DLP) says while it is backing Government’s proposed anti-gang legislation, the bill in its...

Alpha get first word on Day 1

Alpha Sharks Swim Club (ASSC) made the strongest statement on the opening day of the 34th annual Sonia O’Neal...

Franklyn slams NISSS portability plan

General secretary of Unity Workers Union (UWU) Caswell Franklyn is charging that the portability of national insurance benefits...