Saturday, May 23, 2026

FANTASY out of Grand Kadooment

Date:

Share post:

FANTASY CROP OVER Experience will not be taking to the road for Grand Kadooment this year.

The band made the announcement on its Facebook page today.

It said the economic climate continued to be challenging for businesses and citizens and this was illustrated through slow costume sales.

“Furthermore, the business sector has been mitigating extenuating circumstances over the last couple of years which have dramatically affected different collateral pools which assist entities such as FANTASY through areas such as sponsorship,” the announcement stated.

The band said the increase in the National Social Responsibility Levy compounded the situation.

FANTASY said it would redevelop its business model restructure its operations for Crop Over 2018.

The post stated that those who had already purchased costumes would be refunded and options for members to participate in other premium bands had been negotiated. (NB)

Related articles

Symmonds pushes services-led growth as Barbados eyes digital economy expansion

Minister of Energy, Business Development and Commerce Kerrie Symmonds says Barbados must move quickly to diversify its economy...

Traffic upgrades rolled out at Highway 7/Rendezvous junction

Motorists using the junction of Highway 7 and Rendezvous Road are expected to experience improved traffic flow following...

Quinn moulding young artistes

Quinn Prescott loves working with upcoming junior calypsonians and soca artistse. As the youth director of House of...

Guardiola says Man City ‘need new energy’ as exit confirmed

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City need "new energy" as he brought an end to his 10-year reign as manager. The club...