Friday, April 19, 2024

Parents ready to sue QEH

Date:

Share post:

A distraught couple is ready to take the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) to court over the final fate of their stillborn child.

They are seeking legal advice in the pursuit of damages for emotional and psychological trauma after being told their child’s body had been dumped.

The pair, who requested anonymity, met with THE NATION in the office of attorney Michael Lashley in Roebuck Street, The City, who is representing the parents.

“On January 8 I was feeling pain so I went in for a check-up and was sent to get an ultrasound. I was told something was wrong with my baby’s head and brain and that I had to terminate the pregnancy,” the woman said.

She said she was admitted on January 11 and birth was induced the following day. The father had asked for an autopsy to be done to find out what went wrong. The mother said she was discharged the day after with no medication, suffering bad cramps and passing tissue from her body. But matters were about to worsen. (CA)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

Previous article
Next article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

WIPA commends Hayley Matthews for historic win as Wisden’s Leading T20 Cricketer in the World

The West Indies Players’ Association (WIPA) proudly commends West Indies Women’s captain Hayley Matthews for being designated Wisden's...

Abrahams: Be Prepared

Barbadians have been urged to be as prepared as possible as the country braces for an active Atlantic...

BWA Continues Mains Replacement in St. Thomas 

The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) advises that work to replace themains in Bridgefield, St. Thomas is still in...

Police seeking information on Pinelands shooting

The Barbados Police Service (TBPS) is seeking the General Public’s assistance with information relative to a shooting incident,...