Thursday, May 21, 2026

Parents ready to sue QEH

Date:

Share post:

A distraught couple is ready to take the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) to court over the final fate of their stillborn child.

They are seeking legal advice in the pursuit of damages for emotional and psychological trauma after being told their child’s body had been dumped.

The pair, who requested anonymity, met with THE NATION in the office of attorney Michael Lashley in Roebuck Street, The City, who is representing the parents.

“On January 8 I was feeling pain so I went in for a check-up and was sent to get an ultrasound. I was told something was wrong with my baby’s head and brain and that I had to terminate the pregnancy,” the woman said.

She said she was admitted on January 11 and birth was induced the following day. The father had asked for an autopsy to be done to find out what went wrong. The mother said she was discharged the day after with no medication, suffering bad cramps and passing tissue from her body. But matters were about to worsen. (CA)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

Related articles

DLP warns crime could threaten Barbados’ tourism image

The Democratic Labour Party (DLP) is warning that Barbados’ worsening crime situation could begin threatening the island’s tourism...

NHC forecasts below-normal Atlantic hurricane season for 2026

The National Hurricane Centre (NHC) is predicting a below normal Tropical Atlantic Hurricane Season in 2026. Forecasters say this...

Ready if ebola comes

Barbados has activated heightened public health surveillance systems and intensified screening measures at its airport and seaport amid...

US-bound plane diverts to Canada after person from Ebola-hit region boards ‘in error’

A plane from Paris to Detroit was forced to divert to Canada after a passenger from the Ebola-hit...